Investigative Interview Skills Course
This course consists of a blend of theory and role-play exercises, both as a participant and observer. It includes cognitive interviewing through the PEACE model and conversation management techniques, including skills development in questioning and active listening.
We will look at:
- the process of interviewing, including planning and preparation, relationship building and managing information
- key considerations for approaching survivors/victims and witnesses
- credibility and reliability
- use of intermediaries and interpreters
- understanding witness memory
- verbal and non-verbal communication
- dealing with barriers to communication such as investigative mindsets
- managing difficult and challenging behaviour during the interview
- interviewing suspects and ‘insiders’
- interviewing individuals who may be disadvantaged through age, developmental issues or post-traumatic stress disorder
- techniques to interview survivor/victim/witnesses of conflict-related sexual and gender-based violence against both female and male, adults and children will be addressed.
Your management of the challenges of our training and your skill in engaging participants was outstanding.
Investigation of International Crimes Participant
I too feel honoured to have been part of such a valuable training event and gained a wealth of knowledge from all of your expertise in a variety of areas
Analysis skills Course Participant
All our staff have … expressed a STRONG appreciation for the course and articulated the relevance for our work. Very good for our team building also.